Late last week I spent some time cutting the bed apart to stretch it to give a more “balanced” look when viewing the truck from the side. I know a lot of people aren’t agreeing, but I think in the end it will be hard to tell it was lengthened at a first glance. I took some time with the angle grinder and some thin cutting discs, removing the front portion of the bed right behind the stake post. This spot should be the easiest to blend the new panel into. After stiffening the bed up with some flat bar and rebar, and making some temporary bed mounts, we can now work on making the patch panels as well as beginning work on the permanent bed mounts and the bed floor itself. Lots of work to happen over the next few weeks!
Whole lot of cutting going on in here
Dec 5th, 11 / 1 Comment /