Today we spent a little more time on project Pile-House. We got the cab and front fenders off of the blocks and sitting down on the chassis. This gives me an idea of about where the rolling ride height will be going down the road. From here we will fab up the cab mounts.
The first real issue before we can get the cab and front fenders centered over the front wheels is clearance with the floor and firewall for the bell housing and engine. It is currently butted up against the lower firewall not allowing us to go forward the few more inches we need to center the wheel. Hoping to tackle the last bit of cutting of the firewall and floor this weekend/early next week.
As it looks now, we will be able to use a combination of the front stock S10 cab mount brackets, and the original Dodge cab mounts to fix the cab to the chassis, it’s shocking how well that all lines up with the stock mounting points in the cab! More to come this week, thanks for watching!