After disassembling, assembling, fabricating, and tinkering with so many projects over the years, I’ve found that there are a core group of tools that will get most any job done. But there are some tools that just make life so much easier, I decided to put a list together of 5 new tools that really can come in handy.
1. Indexible Pry Bar- How many times have you had a full set of pry bars and you never seem to be able to get into the correct position to pry effectively? With the handy Gear Wrench Indexible Pry Bars you can now click your pry bar into any number of positions to get into those hard to reach areas. We now find ourselves reaching for this whenever we need to pry on something since it handles most of the jobs a set of basic pry bars would have before.
2. Radiator Hose Pinch Off Pliers- One of my least favorite things to do is draining cooling systems when working in an engine bay. This is something that couldn’t be avoided even when doing a “quick” job like replacing a coolant temperature sensor, an electric fan switch, or a simple radiator hose job. With the KD Tools Radiator Hose Pinch Off Pliers you can now isolate the coolant inside of the engine or radiator by safely clamping the hoses with these pliers. These pliers will save you coolant, clean up time, and messes associated with coolant system work. I’d suggest buying a few of these so you can block off numerous hoses at once, I know I keep a few on hand when working on the cooling system myself!
3. Eastwood Power Probe- Scary doesn’t even begin to describe some of the electrical systems in cars that we’ve seen over the years. Between previous owner fixes and deterioration, it can be tough to track down electrical problems. You need to have numerous tools and different types of test leads to even begin to test all of the electrical components in a vehicle. This new Eastwood Power Probe allows you to test many of the functions test leads and multimeters combined would accomplish. I love the ability to test the function of electrical components without the risk of burning up numerous fuses! Reach for the power probe first when testing electrical circuits in your vehicle!
4. Hose Clamp Wire Pliers- It always seems like hose clamps are put in the hardest spots to reach and then turned so the tabs are in a direction you can’t reach your pliers or hands into. The GearWrench Cable Hose Clamp Pliers are like that skinny, long, third hand that you wished you had in those situations. These pliers allow you to get into those tight areas, slip the clamps over the tabs on the clamps, and squeeze the trigger to free the clamp, then slide it off of the hose. These are life savers, and keep the swearing, cuts, bruises, and headaches to a minimum from the other methods.
5. Quadbox Ratcheting Wrenches- Having a house-sized toolbox stocked with every tool imaginable isn’t going to help you save time if you have to walk back and forth to find the tools you need every few minutes. We love saving time and keeping the pile of tools used on a job to a minimum. This is where the GearWrench Quadbox Ratcheting Wrenches come into play. In this two-wrench set you will replace 9 tools (a ratchet and 8 sockets) and save time going back to the toolbox for more tools! Remember, every minute you save searching for the correct wrench or socket is a minute you could be finishing the project and move on to driving and enjoying your ride!
Stay tuned for our next tool list where we cover more of our favorite hand and power tools on the market!