A finely tuned machine- Eastwood Employees makes us tick
We want to share the great Eastwood staff with you, our customers! We have asked them to fill out the first five questions, and then pick 5 random questions from a “Wildcard” section of questions. We allowed them to answer these however they’d like. You’d be surprised at what some of us have to say!
1. Name and Title at Eastwood? Lisa F., Product Marketing Assistant
2. What the heck do you do all day? I tinker with tracking reports, operational problem-solving and product presentation on the website.
3. Did you come from an automotive background before Eastwood? What did you do before Eastwood? As a kid, I helped my dad in the garage a lot. Before college, I was a tool salesperson for a different company. During college, my personal life was always consumed with drag strips, autocross, and motorcycle runs.
4. When not talking cars, tools, and restorations all day, what are a few of your hobbies? I enjoy spending time with friends and family, art, music, cooking, the outdoors, traveling and just generally learning new things.
5. What’s your favorite Eastwood product? Why? 70289 Eastwood Reversible 29 Piece Ratcheting Bit Set- because it’s super cute and tiny! On a serious note, it easily fits under the rear seat of my motorcycle and made a great stocking stuffer for my riding buddies at Christmas. Paired with an adapter and the sockets most common on my bike, it’s a welcome space saving addition to give me a little extra peace of mind.
6. What’s your favorite thing about working for Eastwood? For most of the people here, it’s not as much a job as it is a lifestyle that extends beyond the office walls. This level of enthusiasm and commitment makes for challenging work, a fun atmosphere, unrivaled camaraderie among coworkers and products designed by motor heads for motor heads. I appreciate that I can have so much confidence in our products and how easy it is to proudly stand behind and believe in the brand that I market.
7. 3 things you can’t live without and why? Air, water and a smart phone. Whether it’s knowing how to get back on the interstate, the phone number of a restaurant, who sings that song that just played on the radio or most recently an uncle who needs to know the firing order for his Bronco, I find it to be an indispensable necessity.
8. What’s the first tool you reach for in the garage (what do you use most often?) A laptop. As a beginner DIYer who lacks any formal training, automotive education or decades of hands-on experience, dabbling in any unfamiliar job is always daunting. Having access to blogs, forums, step-by-step instructions, video demonstrations and knowing where to easily find the right tools or parts is a reassuringly powerful resource to reduce learning by trial and error and ensure preparedness.
9. Do you have any projects going right now? What are you building, restoring, or a job you are tackling next? Pretty much everything parked outside my house is a project! Time, garage space and project finances seem to always be spread thin across a twin turbo dodge stealth, a Mitsubishi Evolution, and a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.
10. Domestic, Japanese Import, or European? I love all kinds of cars and motorcycles. Each has their own unique charm and I admire the diehard loyalty associated with each distinct culture. If I had to choose, I think I am hereditarily inclined and genetically wired to have a predilection for Japanese Imports.